Indian Premier League is almost around the corner. This spectacular and exciting series of matches keeps the whole world in intense expectations about the upcoming opening match between Mumbai Indians and Royal Challengers Bangalore. It will be held on April 9, 2023, at MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai. Both teams have strong leaders within who are accordingly Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli.
Due to the Covid-19 cases over the globe, there were changes in scheduling the IPL tournament last year as well as this 14th season. Usually, the tournament is conducted in the spring, from March to May. But the outbreak of coronavirus influenced the sports industry as well as every aspect of human life. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and the IPL Governing Council were obliged to postpone the 13th tournament last year and arrange it for autumn, from September to November. Thus, the teams could be safe and prepare for the series of matches ahead of them. Thanks to the positive sporty spirit within each team and the supportive attitude of IPL followers worldwide, the 2023 IPL tournament was conducted successfully and hosted by the United Arab Emirates as it wasn’t safe in India’s territory.
As the Covid-19 situation over Indian’s states has constantly been changing, BCCI has it under control because they are interested in the security and a healthy state of IPL teams to produce fascinating and breathtaking gameplay in the league. As the 2023 IPL took place abroad, the fans and cricket amateurs could follow each match and didn’t miss any thanks to TV and online transmissions available for every Indian as well as for every person on the planet. Therefore, the champions Mumbai Indians contributed to the history IPL with their fifth title.
Each IPL team is unique and skilled and features special players who are pieces of evidence of the team’s success from IPL season to season. Whether they are batsmen, wicket-keepers, run-rounders or bowlers, they all are highly crucial in the cricket T20 game. Mostly, the fastest half century IPL players are to bring the team to win and leave the opponents with no choice but failure. So, the forthcoming 2023 IPL will be even more entertaining with the renewed teams’ squads.
Moreover, BCCI has taken all necessary measurements to ensure the players’ safety and chosen six venues where the league’s matches will be held on. They are Bangalore, Mumbai, Ahmadabad, Kolkata, Chennai, and Dehli. Also, the officials have restricted the players’ travelling across the country so that each team will travel only three times during the group stage. In addition, they don’t allow the spectators to attend the stadium during the initial matches. They will then announce later due to the current situation in responding cities of the league. Therefore, the IPL GC has cared for the players to participate safely.
Fastest 50 in IPL
When it comes to knocking the 50-runs off balls, batsmen are key players in this deal. Their experience and quick reaction with further action are significant in entering the playoffs, where they face the most competitive and decisive part of the league. The IPL 2023 final will be tentatively conducted on May 30, 2023, at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad.
Batsmen are those who can change the direction of the game. They seem to be the wheel within the match which defines whether the team will speed up and be leading or fall behind and be slow to progress. In the history IPL, some crucial players smashed the fastest half century in IPL and could guide their related teams to win. There are around 12 batsmen who take the united place of hitting century IPL. But the most significant and influential are the top five players.
- KL Rahul, the Indian cricketer, hit the fastest century IPL off only 14 balls. He represented his team Punjab Kings in the league and competed against Dehli Capitals at IS Bindra Stadium, Punjab. Rahul scored 51 runs along with 4 sixes and 6 boundaries. He is currently the only one to hold the title of the fastest fifties in IPL!
- Another Indian cricketer Yusuf Pathan also smashed a century IPL in 15 balls in Eden Gardens’ match in Kolkata. It was held in the 2014 IPL tournament contesting against Sunriders Hyderabad. After reaching his fifties in 15 balls, Kolkata Knight Riders’ batsman scored 72 runs with the help of 7 sixes and 5 boundaries in his fascinating innings!
- Sunil Narine, the West Indies, ranked third in the fastest fifties in IPL. His play for KKR was magnificent with the knock of 15 balls in the IPL 2017. The competitive match was conducted at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium against the team Royal Challengers Bangalore in Bengaluru. Narine resulted in 54 runs with 4 sixes and 6 boundaries!
- Playing for Chennai Super Kings, Suresh Raina entered the top five fastest half century in IPL keeping the fourth spot. He was marked for his amazing innings in the 2014 IPL tournament contesting against Punjab Kings in Mumbai at Wankhede Stadium. He hit 87 runs off 16 balls alongside 6 sixes and 12 boundaries!
- The last position in the top five fastest century IPL players belongs to Chris Gayler. The West Indies cricketer showed marvellous innings by hitting 175 runs off 17 balls when competing in the 2013 IPL against Pune Warriors in Bengaluru.
Fastest 50 in IPL in how many balls?
The titled batsman in making the fastest half century in IPL is KL Rahul. He Took 14 balls in the 2018 IPL. Yusuf Pathan kicked 15 balls in the 2014 IPL league. Sunil Narine demonstrated a fascinating reach of 15 balls in IPL three years after.
The top five batsmen are the crucial players who can improve the related teams’ position in the league and come to the greatest contest in the final.