If you love and understand sports, the outcome of many competitions may seem predictable to you. You can use your knowledge when placing bets on the outcome of certain sporting events. This helps with a new interest in watching broadcasts and attending sports events. Today, to place a bet and withdraw money from an account, you do not even need sports betting a bookmaker’s office – such services have long been available with online betting. Novice players quickly learn the basics and place bets thought betting site on the Internet. This process is called betting, and the players themselves are called betters.
Sports betting is a currently popular tool for investing money, profitable capital increase. It’s easy to start betting, just visit a stationary bookmaker in India or its online counterpart, and know a suitable betting strategy. But sports betting for novice players seems like a dark forest. So many different options, terms, quotes, and other specific information.
The designations in sports betting and other details of betting after a minimal study do not cause difficulties. Find out what are the terms, sports betting schemes, their explanation, calculation principles, and other nuances.
Types of Singles Bets
These are the easiest and most affordable types of bets. Let’s Sports Betting Explained. The simplest, ideal for beginners is a single bet. One event is selected and money is wagered on its outcome. You guessed it – you get a win: bet multiplied by the odds. Not guessing – the money remains with the bookmaker. There are the following types of single bets:
- “Single” – a bet on a single outcome of an event;
- “Double Chance” – a bet on two out of three possible outcomes of an event;
- “Handicap” – a bet on the difference in the score in favor of one of the teams;
- “Total” – a bet on the total number of points received by one or another team following the results of an event;
- “Time-match” – a bet on the outcome of the first half and the entire match as a whole.
A “time-match” carries the properties of a single bet and a group bet since the first half and the match as a whole are highlighted in one event.
For group bets, several events are selected, the outcome of which you undertake to predict. This is harder and requires more knowledge of the team sport you are betting on. Multiple bets are fun to place during major championships.
“Express” – if you guess at all the events of the bet, the winning will be higher than with a single bet: the odds are multiplied among themselves and by the amount of the bet. However, it is more difficult to guess here, because if you make a mistake in at least one event, your bet will go to the bookmaker’s office.
“System” is several multiple bets, each of which includes the same number of events (two or three). If you lose on some event in one of the express trains, only this express bet loses. In the system, you still have chances of winning, even if you made a mistake in one or several events.
It makes sense to place an express bet on two or three events (double or triple “express”). If you want to bet on more events, it is more convenient to use the “system”. Complex multiple bets are an exception.
Types of Full Cover Bets
These are different combinations of groups and single bets on. The most popular are the following:
- Trixie. Three events are selected and four bets are made: three double “express” and one triple.
- Patent. Includes seven bets: four Trixie and three singles per event. This is cover bets.
- Yankee. Four events are selected and 11 bets are made: 6 double “express”, 4 triple, and one – on four events at once.
Bets can be placed during matches (single or team sports), long before them, or just before the start. It is worth trying all the options to decide or forecasting which strategy you will follow in the future.
If after the first few bets you decide to bet regularly to become sports gamblers you need a strategy – an action plan that will allow you to achieve consistently positive results and always make a Win Bet.
There are three categories of strategies:
- Long term. Implemented based on the analysis of statistical data. For example, the Exodus strategy in its long-term version is based on so-called futures bets, which are placed on the winner of a tournament several weeks before the start. Futures rates are quoted at high betting odds. The essence of the strategy is to bet on 3-5 favorites of the tournament, carefully distributing the rates according to the odds, and at the end of the tournament to make a profit. The risk here is minimal – it comes down to cases of unexpected victory for a team that was not even close to being on the favorites lists. The Value Betting strategy is also interesting in this category. Its essence is to find the so-called undervalued events, for which high odds are offered. For example, you have statistics that a team wins every third game while away. It remains to find a bookmaker who gives a high coefficient for the victory of this team and to bet on three matches in which this team participates as a guest. One of the bets is highly likely to win.
- Pre-match. Implemented immediately before the event based on the current data accumulators. An example is the Corridors strategy. One event is selected and bets are placed on it with two different bookmakers. As a result, you can at least get your money back and ideally make money.
- Live. If bets are accepted during an event, and you want to bet in this particular model, you can try the “Catch-up” strategy: bet on the same event until the desired outcome occurs. For example, you placed a bet on a team to win with a score of one goal. If this happens, you win. If not, you can bet twice as much on her opponent’s win to make up for the previous loss and make a profit. However, here you need to stop in time so as not to lose your entire bank.
Some of the strategies used in betting are common to a wide range of gambling and even financial markets. Therefore, when engaging in sports betting, it is useful to expand your horizons in the field of gambling in general. This can be the beginning of your personal, unique strategy. For beginners, first of all, long-term strategies can be advised that leave enough time for thought and carry minimal risks. This is a kind of test of your strength and a chance to develop a calm, balanced approach to betting.