Mobile Sports Betting at William Hill
The User Interface (UI) is designed in a way that consciously mirrors the in-browser experience of PC users. So, if you’re acquainted with their website, then its sports betting app does everything in its power to make you feel at home in the mobile environment. This means, navigating through the array of options is a satisfyingly intuitive experience, more so with the interesting features available, as discussed below.
- Quick Tab Style Tab Link: Located on the betting app’s main page, this feature is the gateway to the myriad of in-play events that the bookmaker avails at any given time. And, each in-play event caters to various markets such as major tennis or cricket tournaments and football matches.
- In-Play Interface: Each in-play event that’s accessible via the online bettings app can be tapped to open the bookmaker’s remarkable in-play interface. It shows the available markets such as underneath a live scoreboard, sport-specific text and graphic commentary.
- WHTV Streaming: Where’s the fun in sports betting if you can’t follow the game in real-time? The live streaming feature is accessible on the mobile betting app, as well as, the PC website. So, certain sporting events are available to watch live for players with funded accounts. Moreover, you can watch all greyhound and horse racing events from Ireland and the UK if you place a bet of at least £1.
- Your Odds Feature: It grants gamblers free rein to choose their bets for a barrage of events via social media platforms. And, their selections are prominently displayed and available to wager on, via the betting app.
Punters using the betting app can contact the customer care representatives by calling any of the two available phone numbers after clicking on the ‘Help’ button. Nonetheless, this is limited compared to the email and live chat options that are available in the web version.
The company is regulated and licensed by the Gibraltar Gambling Commission (GGC) and the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC). The former caters to players in other parts of the world whereas the latter caters to UK residents. These regulatory bodies ensure that William Hill is a legal online business that maintains fairness and transparency. So, members receive their respective earnings in a timely fashion without any concerns that the company is involved in illegal activities like fraud and money laundering.
As of 2020, when you sign-up to play the eSports games, you’re eligible for a double £/€ 15 free bet. This translates to a total of £/€ 30 up for grabs. As is the case with most betting apps that require bonus codes for activation, you may need to use it to activate a specific offer.
Players can make secure transactions using several different payment options. Some of these are listed below.
- Direct Wire Transfers
- Debit and Credit Card options such as Maestro, MasterCard, and Visa
- Digital payment solutions like Skrill, Neteller, and Ukash
- Western Union
Regardless of your selected method, the minimum deposit is £10. And, there’s no withdrawal limit.
The mobile app caters to an international demographic. So, it’s no surprise that players can take their pick from the assortment of available currencies, as listed below.
- Australian Dollars
- Hong Kong Dollars
- Canadian Dollars
- British Pounds
- Japanese Yen
- US Dollars
However, players in India for instance, that use Indian Rupees, will incur extra costs on the conversion rate.
William Hill Mobile App for Android
While the Google Play Store doesn’t permit betting apps, you can still download the Android version by following the steps below.
- Visit the main website on your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Change your phone’s security settings to permit downloads from unknown sources.
- Download the .apk file then, install it in your device, and you’re good to go.
You’ll be asked to input the username and password which are the same as those used at the William Hill website. If you’re not an existing member, you can create an account via the app. The app only runs on devices that have an Android operating system version 5.0 or higher.
William Hill Mobile App for iOS
As you’d expect from one of the best online bookmakers in the industry, the mobile app for iOS is comprehensive, feature-packed, and fast. So, to gain access to it, all you have to do is follow the simple instructions below.
- Head over to the Apple App Store and type ‘William Hill’ in the search bar.
- Once the app pops up in the results, click the download button then wait for it to be installed in your device.
- Open the app and log in using the same credentials you set up during the initial registration process on the main website.
- Now you’re ready to make a real cash deposit and start betting on all the eSports events that tickle your fancy and their available in-play odds. And, given that these events are streamed live 24/7, players have full access when the betting lines are open.
The Bottom Line
The app is user-friendly, simple, and exceeds the expectations of the vast majority of players. While there are some minor gripes, the app does what it says on the tin and then some. The available bonuses add a nice touch and deliver an extra incentive to players that enjoy gambling on the move.